Making a Difference by Giving Back
Community involvement at Endo is a living, breathing measure of how we make a difference. It's about combining employee involvement with strong organizational support to make things happen. We know that by banding together as a community within Endo, we can create a positive impact on the greater communities where we live and work. As a way to get our employees actively involved, Endo organizes regular volunteer activities, offers an employee community involvement grants program and matches employees' donations up to $1,000 per year.
In fact, on March 26, 2014 Endo held the inaugural “Endo Gives Day”. On this day, 539 volunteers came together across the US and Ireland to contribute 1,898 hours towards helping individuals and families facing hardship. The day represented the beginning of our collective efforts as a global organization to unite on a workday to improve the quality of not just our patients’ lives but of any person needing help in the communities where we live and work. Please take a moment to view the video of a truly inspiring day.
Community Partnerships Program
The Community Partnerships program announced in 2012 replaces Endo’s Corporate Giving Program. The updated community partnerships program focuses on providing organizations near our sites with funding and employee involvement. Endo also offers a matching gift program and employee community involvement grants to support employees’ philanthropic efforts and volunteer activities.
- Basic necessities to people in need (e.g., food, shelter, access to healthcare, etc.)
- Access to science programs for children and young adults (Grades 1st to 12th) to generate an interest in science education and ultimately pursuing a career in science. Preference will be given to programs that target underprivileged children and young adults
Community Partnerships donations guidelines:
- Organization/program must be located within 25 miles of one of our facilities (see list below
- Organization must be based in the U.S. and classified as a 501(c)(3) organization by the IRS
- Request should include employee volunteer opportunities (i.e., drive to collect items or volunteer activities)
- Event sponsorships will only be considered if a group of employees volunteer at the event or participates to fundraise to support the charity.
San Jose, CA
Types of requests that will not be considered are:
- Medical or clinical education grants
- Membership dues
- Direct contributions to individuals (e.g., scholarship or hardship assistance)
- Funding for sectarian and religious organizations
- Private foundations
- Memorial funds
- Labor organizations
- Sports teams
- Medical conferences or symposiums
- Organizations or programs that discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, or disability
Medical, research and educational grants do not qualify for Community Partnership funding. Organizations seeking funding for Investigator Sponsored Research please go to www.endorequests.com.
Important information for all applicants:
- Any contribution should be considered a one-time commitment without guarantee of renewal (unless a multiple year commitment letter from Endo is received).
- Requests are only considered for the current calendar year.
- Limit one application, per organization, per calendar year.
- Organizations that receive a grant of $50,000 or more will be required to submit a final report (11 months after grant or at the project end date, if earlier) before a new request is considered.
- All funding decisions are at the sole discretion of Endo Pharmaceuticals and may not be appealed.
How to Apply for Community Partnerships Funding
All requests must be submitted by the organization through the online request form.
Faxed, mailed, e-mailed or phoned requests will not be considered.
Application submission does not guarantee funding
To submit a NEW application, please have your charitable Tax ID/EIN number ready and click here to submit an application for community partnerships funding.
Please note a completed and signed W-9 form (organization name and address must match online application) are required to be submitted with the online application
Applicants may log-in to their account at any time to check the status of submitted requests.
Organizations may send questions about the community partnerships to External.Affairs@endo.com. This e-mail address is not for solicitations and educational grant inquires.